Freitag, 17. August 2012

IEM Cologne Day 2

Since there was not anything too far from the ordinary yesterday, lets take a closer look on todays matches from the IEM cologne (I know you want it)

Starcraft 2

Groups C and D have been played today and we saw some more or less interesting results. But lets take a closer look at the groups first!

Group C: moonglade, slivko, Grubby, Minigun, elfi, Bomber
Favourites: Bomber, Grubby and elfi/slivko

I was quite surprised to see Grubby only finishing 5th, after he had shown such a great performance in the qualifier grid on wednesday, where he defeated Ace , Oz and Targa to qualify together with MVP.
Therefore its quite surprising to me to see him falling against Slivko whom I didn't consider a better player then Grubby before. I gave him a 50/50 percentage vs. Elfi, though Elfis PvP is really really good and it turned out into a 2-1 for Elfi in the end.
Bomber finishing 1st? Yea that was excepted, BUT he lost his game to mOOnglade 0-2, which was one of the greatest upsets for today. In my opinion at least...
In the end Elfi finished 3rd with a 3-2 score and minigun, the only american of the tournament last with 0-5, only able to take 3 maps in different matches.

Group D: Vortix, Killer, MC, Hasuobs, Real, Supernova
Favourites: MC, Supernova - everything else was incalculable, but Vortix is meant to be one of the up-and                                coming zergs

So heres the thing. After losing to Violet in IEM Brazil, where he gave a pretty bad performance, I lost sight of Supernova. I probably underestimated him before he took down his ENTIRE group, by only losing 1 MAP ! ! ! (to vortix. as I said he is up and coming).
This was probably the greatest surprise of the day to me to see a Supernova of old strength, who is worse his Code S level. 
Flop of the day: Real... I know this guy pretty good and I was sure he would perform better, after he went through the qualifiers. It looks like Lan events are always a tough thing for this korean guy, when you compare online games with his offline experiences. In the end he has to overcome this in order to be places better. Sad but true: he was only able to take 1 single map out of all games. Pretty sad...

Only hope for Germany Hasuobs, didnt make it into the top 3 of his group and fell to Supernova, Killer and Vortix, yet able to defeat MC 2-1, who took down the 2nd position of his group after all.

The spanish player Vortix was however able to take down silver of the groups, going out 3rd after beating Hasuobs, Killer and Real convincingly and even taking one map from the group winner himself. Well played sir! Lets see how you can do tomorrow in the playoffs.

Preview for the playoffs:

Bomber, Nerchio, Supernova and MVP who all finished their groups 1st will instantly put into the quarter final and don't have to play the ro 16 therefore. 

Meanwhile our matches are scheduled like this:
elfi vs. Violet | Prediction: even if elfis PvP is really good, I dont thin he has what it takes to take down the power Zerg Violet, who has a pretty solid ZvP. 3-1 Violet.

MC vs. Kas | Really hard to predict in my opinion. Kas TvP is really strong lately, but will it be enough to take down the bosstoss? We haven't seen his PvT often in this tournament. Only the one vs. Supernova, where he was defeated 0-2. I think it will go down 3-2 or 2-3 in either way, but I think Kas might have a little edge, if he hits a good day (yea he is sometimes a little unstable)

Vortix vs. ForGG | As much as I like Vortix, who made it pretty fast into the top-tiert scene in europe, I was pretty impressed with ForGG's results in this tournament so far. Yet he lost 0-2 to nerchio in the groupstages and also to inori 1-2 (who is no zerg .. i know i know) Lets see if our foreigner can pull the trigger and beat another korean. I say 3-2 Vortix

Slivko vs. Sortoff | Two foreigner against each other. Well thats sad, but avoidable. It's ZvZ, but anything can happen I guess. Sortoff has shown quite nice results the last days, but so has Slivko. I dont like to pick one here, but I go with Sortoff 3-2.


League of Legends:


Well I haven't really seen the matches, but it seems to be outdated to ban Urgot anymore. I really didn't see him getting banned for a single time in the whole tournament (note: he got banned in every game in the last major LoL tournament. The only time he didn't, his team won). Quite a surprise, but oh well... meta changes fast ! 

SK vs. Acer:
I think we all thought SK would win.... and they did. Wow what a surprise ... nah not really. Team Acer might be pretty good, but I think SK is just one level above, taking the game home in a convincing 2-0. Well played.

CLG vs. Alternate:
Same thing. CLG were the favourites and they won. No big surprises so far in the LoL tournament for IEM. But maybe they will come tomorrow? Who knows. Yet I dont think anyone would have put his money on Alternate on this match. 2-0 CLG, well played.

Preview for tomorrow:

M5 vs. fnatic:
Im pretty sure M5 will take it. Even the fact that fanatic worked on their lineup lately and released Shushei. And they really improved. But I still think the Guardian Angel team aka moscow 5 will take this game 2-0. Sorry fanatic, but these russian beasts are ... yeah they are beasts ! 

CLG vs. SK:
This one is really interesting. Both teams are pretty pretty strong and they both deserve, to take the 2nd spot of the finals. Yet I think CLG might be a small step ahead of SK. But that should really be a minor one. With froggen mid and Wicked top, I think CLG will take this game 2-1. 


P.S.:

I will go to Gamescom tomorrow, to watch some games and take some pictures. I will update you with everything I did there when I come back ! 

Cheers,
KeeperDe


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen