Sonntag, 19. August 2012

IEM wrap up day 3 & 4


Hey there guys,

at the very second of writing this stuff Violet plays against Nerchio in the semi finals of Starcraft 2, while M5 plays against SK Gaming in the finals of the LoL tournament on IEM Cologne 2012.

In my last blog entry I promised you to make some exclusive pics of the day and so I did.

But first of all, lets wrap up the games of yesterday, since I didn't find time for that after coming back home.


The games:


Starcraft 2:


elfi vs. viOlet. My prediction was 3-1 for violet (http://keeperde.blogspot.de/2012/08/iem-cologne-day-2.html) and as it turns out I seem to be a boss.... nah just kidding that was actually the only match I predicted totally right. However it was quite predictable.

Kas vs. MC. My prediction was 3-2 for Kas. As it turns out MC won 3-1 in close games however, but still winning. Well played boss toss.

Vortix vs. fOrGG. My prediction was 3-2 for Vortix. In the end Vortix took it down 3-0. Pretty convincing no?

sLivko vs. SortOf. My prediction was 3-2 for SortOf, but it turned out to go 3-0 for sLivko. Didn't expect that to be honest. Well played sLivko. You have shown your potencial for ZvZ over there !

Matches continued with Bomber vs. Violet. I wouldn't have quite given an edge for any of those two players, but viOlet won the series pretty damn convincingly with 3-0. WOW!

MC vs. Nerchio. Another upset for some, for others not quite. Nerchio is known to have a sick ZvP. I would have predicted that Nerchio would win the series, but not that obvious with a 3-0 score. That polish guy ... hes definitely making his way into the very hot spot of the EU scene.

Supernova vs. Vortix. Hell yeah, I told you to not underrate Vortix. He won this badass terran player Supernova now 3-2, even after losing 2-1 in the groupstage. Sick...

sLivko vs. MVP. I think none would have predicted otherwise. Yet sLivko was able to take one map, in the end it was not enough though. But honestly - MVP is still one level ahead of you sLivko, I am sorry


I think in the end the biggest upsets of that day were Violet winning so heavily against bomber, but especially Vortix win over Supernova, who performed so well in the groupstage, Now lets see if Vortix can pull the trigger against MVP - or is the Terran emperor still too big? We will find out soon.



League of Legends:


SK vs. CLG:

My prediction was 2-1 for CLG, but as it turned out ... wow SK - you have just defeated one of the best teams in the world 2-0. Now can you do the same vs M5 in the finals ? We will see...


M5 vs. fnatic:

My prediction: 2-0 for M5. Fnatic was really on a run and able to take one map from M5, which none else did before in this tournamet. Well played fnatic, yet M5 are beasts, as I said already.


Game for place 3:


This match has already been played at the moment of writing. CLG won fnatic 2-0. I thought that fnatic would have a pretty good chance actually. Sadly CLG took down the games pretty convincingly. Especially the 2nd game was not really fun to watch, since CLG dominated really heavily... now its time for M5 vs. CLG !!

Updates:

Obviously M5 winning vs SK gaming reaaaaaally heavily. What kind of games. While the first one was still pretty nice to watch with much tension, the 2nd game was just ... humilating. Seriously M5 took down SK so hard... Congrantulations M5 - you deserve this

Little talks:


I talked to Alex_Ich for a few minutes after one of his interviews, where he told me that some of his team mates are not really motivated to play lately and can not enjoy to play as much as they did before. Will that effect M5 in the final game? We will see ... However Alex is a very nice guy and really cool to talk to. Thumbs up for you dude, you and your boys totally deserve to win this! 


 Miscellaneous


1. It looks like the Starcraft 2 area is shrinking and shrinking. Last time on IEM (in hannover) there still was enough place in the players area to bring your chair and sit behind the guys you like most and want to see. This time ... well ... god it was soooooooo small. I dont know, but I think the players must feel really cramped. They had like less then a meter behind their backs to the crowd, who would have actually been able to touch the players during games. Thats pretty sad in my opinion and I hope IEM will bring that topic up and try to enlarge that area for next time again. We will see...

2. The crowd was amazing. Wow I really havent seen such a big crowd really often. Especially in League of Legends there were like billions of guys, watching the games and cheering for their favourite team. I really loved that. Keep it up guys, you make these event special !

3. I havent had enough time for more than 2 points... isnt that sad? Yep it is. But those two points were most important to list for me :)


Pictures:

Starcraft 2 Audience

                                                      Empire.Kas :) 

Kas and cloud

Twitchtv Lounge - free massage :o

Someone exhausted right?!

interview with alex_ich


Blizzards camera - integrated email function to email pictures. cool stuff 


Kas is tired






look at this cutiepie.. no not the guy ... amazing costumes

supernova and slivko

IEM banner - yo


Video of the players area for starcraft 2

Updates:



MVP takes down the first map from Vortix. Must see game. Really lots of brood lords corrupters, thors, ravens and so on .... nice game ! :)

2 Kommentare:

  1. nice writing ^^
    got a question though, would you mind if I ninjaed a picture from your blog to use on mine? (don't worry, I'll give you credit ^^)

    AntwortenLöschen